A VBA is not just a kind blog nod in my direction but it is a game! Like! To play I have nominate 15 more blogs that I think are worthy of a VBA and then list 7 things about me.
Here goes. I’d like to nominate the following 15 blogs, in no particular order, for a VBA as well:
1. Deb’s Daily Dish: The Fridge Whisperer Blog: a tasty, tasty place!
2. Jackson Yoga: A beautifully-written blog on yoga, meditation and writing.
3. Author Patricia Miller‘s Blog: Check out her book The Mausoleum Road Affair!
4. Kevin Craig: Author of Young Adult Fiction. Poet & Playwright. Nonstop great writing!
5. All Food Thoughts: Kathryn’s wonderful food thoughts, with mouthwatering pics too!
6. Debi Goodwin and Peter Kavanagh: Two for the price of one! A cleverly combined blog about writing, books, scooters, photography, exploration, discovery, learning, adventure, and restoration.
7. M-E Girard Young Adult Writer: debut novel Girl is due out in 2016, by Katherine Tegen Books/HarperCollins.
8. Sally A. Moore : stories and poems and more!
9. Ruth Walker Writer, Editor, Play/Screenwriter, Commercial Writer, Short Fiction Writer, Poet
10. Sunshine in a Jar: Jessica Outram EDUCATOR AND WRITER Author of The Writing Spiral: Learning as a Writer. Principal in Ontario with over fifteen years of experience in Elementary and Secondary schools. Publisher. Playwright. Poet. Fiction Writer. Memoirist. Singer and actor. Family History Geek. Creative Writing Teacher for adults and teens.
11. Maaja Wentz: A Creative Teacher Librarian plus a free newsletter!
12. Playing in the Elements with Nicole Lohse: stories, articles and free good, good yoga videos!
13. A.C. Maclachlan: Social media for writers. And dragons!
14. Sharon Overend: Toronto-area based author of short stories, poetry and literary fiction.
15. S.J. Clarke Writer of romantic suspense with a paranormal twist.
Seven things about me:
1. When I was little, my mother hosted a fancy tea party. While balancing a teacup in her bony hand, one of the ladies leaned down to say “Hello Little Girl” to me. I was deeply impressed with her pointed nose and wiry grey hair. I told her that she looked like a witch. (My mother was none too pleased with me.)
2. I’ve lived in Holland, Germany and France.
3. For a couple of years, I kept a few egg-laying chickens in my country backyard — and they actually laid pale green eggs.
4. I’ve been practicing yoga for 20 years.
5. I went on a ten-day silent meditation retreat and lasted for 9 1/2 days.
6. I hiked the Bruce Trail for a week and didn’t fall off the escarpment once. (But I tripped over pebbles and landed on my face on the flat part of the trail twice).
7. I personally contracted the trades to build a log house and did much of the construction work with my husband: we framed walls, installed windows, doors, floors and trim, and even constructed all the concrete footings and drainage for the foundation. All without the aid of Google or the Internet. I know the difference between a subfloor and a soffit. The house is still standing today!
The Versatile Blogger Award Rules:
- Display the Award Certificate (cut and paste it from my post)
- Write a post and link back to the blogger who nominated you – that’s me!
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
- Inform them of their nomination via comment on their blog
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself